Saturday, February 25, 2012

School Accident

Last Friday I got a call from Annabelle's school saying she got her finger smashed in the door and it will most likely need stitches. I completely froze and just pictures my daughter sitting there with her finger cut open crying. What an awful feeling as a mom. I said ill be right there to get her. Nick and I got to the school and went to the office. She was sitting there and as soon as she saw me the tears began and I had to hold back because I knew if I cried it would make it worse. The nurse stated to us at that time that she wanted me to take her to the ER or Urgent Care because it was pretty bad. We decided to take her to Urgent Care. We were there about 2hrs to be told by the very very nice Dr that she did not feel comfortable treating her there. As we got the first real look at her pinkie we saw how bad it really was. The top of her pinkie was just hanging on. She wanted us to taker her to John C Lincoln because she was afraid the bone was crushed and if that was so they may not be able to saver her finger and would have to do surgery to remove just below her nail. The worst feeling in the world!!!! We took her to the ER where they actually took us right back to a room due to her age and how bad it looked. The Dr came in and examined her and wanted x-rays. We waited around for 2 more long hours waiting for x-rays and results. Finally he came in.....bone was not hurt at all! Really great new and he would be able to put stitches in it. She ended up getting 6 stitches in her tiny pinkie. She did an amazing job. I don't even think I would have been as strong as she was. It is crazy as you look at your child and would give anything to switch spots with them to take away there pain! Being a mother is the hardest job in the world but I wouldn't give it up for anything!!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment




Triston

Triston is getting so big. He is starting to eat big boy food now. He just needs teeth now so he can try more things.

I cute Annabelle's hair at school today.

D-Back Game

D-Back Game

Nap Time

Nap Time

Triston 7 months old

Triston 7 months old

Followers